Labeling food correctly and in accordance with national regulations is essential to meet SQF Edition 9 requirements. A failure to meet mandatory requirements can have serious consequences, including non-conformances, certificate suspension or withdrawal as well as withdrawal of products from sale.
4 Ways a Food Safety Labeling Service can ensure SQF Edition 9 Requirements are met:
- Formal Label Verification Reports
- Records of label compliance for all new and existing products shall be maintained.
- Formal Label Verification Reports offer a comprehensive review and record of label compliance.
- Global Label Review Compliance Centers
- Product Labels shall comply with the food legislation that applies in the country of manufacture and the country(ies) of use or sale if known.
- A global Food Safety Labeling Service allows access to the expertise of a global network of food safety consultants who can review labels to meet access requirements in destination markets.
- Accuracy of Finished Product Labels
- The site shall document and implement methods to control the accuracy of finished product labels and assure work-in-progress and finished products are true to label regarding allergens.
- Food Safety Labeling Service experts can review labels and advise on everything from design to allergen declarations.
- Insurance from vulnerability to food fraud due to mislabeling.
- The methods, responsibility, and criteria for identifying the site’s vulnerability to food fraud including mislabeling shall be documented, implemented, and maintained.
- Food Safety Labeling Service experts can identify and correct mislabeling in Allergen Statements, Label Translation, Nutrition and Health Claims, Specifications, Principal Display Panel and Special Claims.
4 Ways a Food Safety Labeling Service Can Meet SQF Edition 9 Requirements. (2021, September 14). SQF. https://www.sqfi.com/labeling-food-correctly-and-in-accordance-with-national-regulations-is-essential-in-order-to-meet-sqf-9-0-requirements-a-failure-to-meet-mandatory-requirements-can-have-serious-consequences-includin/