MOTIVES OF SUSPENSION OF CERTIFICATION
In the context of management systems, there are normative criteria for cases in which a certification could be suspended. GlobalSTD has established guidelines and procedures to act if necessary and propose the recommended way and time to restore the certification. Among the main factors why a certification can be suspended are:
- The certified management system has persistently or severely failed to comply with its requirements, including those related to the effectiveness of the management system, for example: non-recommended audit result or critical nonconformity, failure to respond to non-conformities within the established time, cases of recall, inappropriate use of certification marks and references.
- The certified client does not allow follow-up or renewal audits to be carried out in the required periodicity or refuses to receive an unannounced audit (in some certification programs this is a mandatory requirement).
- Significant changes that directly affect its management system or due to a serious accident.
- Cases of illegal activity by the certified organization.
- Breach of the economic proposal agreements.
- The certified client has voluntarily requested a suspension.
During a suspension of the certification it is temporarily invalidated, and it is restored when the reason that originated this condition is resolved. It should be noted that there is a possibility to reduce the scope of the certificate to exclude non-compliant parts. * Any reduction in scope must be aligned with the requirements of the standard used.
CAUSES FOR A CERTIFICATION WITHDRAWAL
The reasons for suspension may end in a certificate withdrawal, since the origin of this status may be a breach or serious lack of the requirements of the certification granted and not having been resolved within the established times to restore it; there are certification schemes or standards in which very specific cases are established where the certification can be withdrawn immediately, due to the seriousness of the situation.
On the other hand, the certified organization can request the cancellation of the certification due to corporate decision, for declaring closure of operations or commercial relationships.